Don't they look good?!
I came up with this milkshake idea when I was in the mood for ice cream, but it was too late to throw some together in the ice cream machine. I had this sudden flashback of drinking/eating milkshakes as a young girl and my favorite was Strawberry Chocolate. I used to go to this retro diner that was famous for their huge milkshakes and choices of crazy flavors where you could make up your own personal milkshake (my cousin loved Dr. Pepper & peanut butter milkshake..ugh!!). I always got Strawberry Chocolate... never anything else... just the same old, never disappointing Strawberry Chocolate milkshake.
It had been so looooong since I had a milkshake and knew I had to make one. It was so easy to whip together and SO HEALTHY that I couldn't understand why I didn't think of this sooner! The cacao has more amazing antioxidants then green tea, red wine or blueberries put together. They are also a great source of copper, potassium, magnesium & iron... which makes sense as to why cacao beans are considered "the food of the gods"...
Ok, I'm sure most of you are thinking what I thought myself... what's the difference between cacao (ka-cow) & cocoa? I just thought cacao was raw while cocoa wasn't, but knew I had to look it up. After researching around... I was able to confirm that it was indeed correct. “Cacao” refers to the bean that comes from the cacao tree, Theobroma cacao. The beans are harvested, fermented, dried... which makes them "raw cacao". But then they are often cleaned & roasted, which makes them considered processed and often referred to as "cocoa".
So, to put it simply, if you’re after the raw product, go for ‘cacao’ whereas ‘cocoa’ refers to the processed product. Either way, they both are so good for you... obviously, in moderation :o)
Strawberry Cacao Milkshake
- 30+ frozen strawberries
- 3-5 Tbsp cacao
- 1/4-1/2 cup raw honey
- 3 cups milk of your choice
Put everything in the blender and blend till smooth, but I also like to have some chunky strawberries floating in there so I don't blend it too smooth. Pour into tall glasses, top with sliced strawberries & enjoy!
Before I get into the blog awards... Kristy over at My Little Space shared a recipe with me... a Steamed Brown Sugar Cake, also called "Pak Tong Go". I've NEVER seen or heard anything like that in my life! I would love to give this a try someday with raw sugar and coconut oil. I bet it smelled so good while it was steaming. Thank you for sharing Kristy!
Now, I want to take the time to share some blog awards I received over the last couple weeks from 3 different great bloggers! I am flattered and grateful!
First, Divina @ Sense & Serenpity & Kristy @ My Little Space each gave me the Kreative Blog Award. Muchas muchas gracias Divina and Kristy!
Kreative Blogger Award rules:
- Thank the person who has given you the award
- Copy the logo and place it on your blog
- Link to the person who has nominated you for the award
- Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting
- Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers
- Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate
- Leave a comment on each of the blogs to let them know they have been nominated
I already shared the 7 things about myself a while back when I received this as my first blog award... I think I'll past doing it again, but you can go & read it :o)
But OF COURSE I will nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers! So, in random order they are:
Then, Kristen @ Goodie Goodie Gumdrops gave me the Best Blog Award. Thank you SO much, Kristen! I love your fun site :o)
- In order to accept the award, please post it on your blog with the name of the person(s) who gave awarded it, including the link to the blog.
- Pass the award onto 15 other blogs that you have newly discovered and think are great.
- Remember to contact the bloggers and let them know they have been chosen for this award.
Okay, now I am supposed to share 15 (Wow! 15 is a lot!) most recent, newly discovered blogs that I enjoy and they are:
- Haalo - Cook (Almost) Anything at Least Once
- Amber - Giver's Log
- Sheri - Green & Crunchy
- Hot Off the Garlic Press
- Smell My Kitchen
- Laura - Real Mom Kitchen
- Adriana - What I Made For Dinner
- Meredith - New Leaf New York
- Justine - Empowered Beginnings
- Stacy - Nutrition As Nature Intended
- Jennifer - Savor the Thyme
- Deliciously Organic
- Stephanie - Keeper of the Home
- Chelsea - ChelseaJans.com
- Donielle - Naturally Knocked Up
Whew! That was a lot of work, but worth it! Hey, before you go... if you haven't yet... could you please take the time to VOTE for my blog? Especially if you Love! it :o)
Thank so much and have a great week!
PS- Don't forget to enter for the 1 gallon Organic Palm Shortening Giveaway!!!