Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Four Herb Fritatas: Thin Egg Pancakes



These mouth-watering "egg pancakes" is becoming our favorite way of preparing our eggs.

So full of flavor and delicious as it is or as a open-face sandwich anytime of the day! All the herbs came from my potted herb garden... they are doing great! Especially the basil.


I found this recipe in my Nourishing Traditions cookbook. I didn't follow the recipe exactly, but close enough. I used kefir instead of piima cream... it gives a wonderful creamy texture. 

Any of your favorite herbs will be great in this and top with fresh tomato brings it all together. 

I put the fritatas on toasted bread with homemade mayo, then I topped it with fresh tomato, fresh goat cheese, extra virgin olive oil and fresh herbs.

I love it! It has such a garden brunch feel to it. I even made these as sandwiches for our flights to and from Costa Rica...yeah its that good :o)



Four Herb Fritatas
makes about 6

  • 3 eggs
  • 1 Tbsp. each fresh chives, basil and thyme, chopped
  • 1 tsp. parsley, finely chopped
  • 2-3 Tbsp. freshly grated Parmesan or Goat cheese
  • 2 Tbsp. kefir
  • sea salt & pepper
  • Olive oil or coconut oil

Mix eggs with herbs, optional cheese, kefir and seasonings. Heat a small, cast-iron skillet coated with oil. Pour 1/4 cup egg mixture into the pan and tilt it to spread the mixture. When the fritata is set, flip over to lightly brown the other side. Transfer to a plate. Keep it warm by putting a cotton towel over it or in a warm oven while preparing the rest of the fritatas.


Remember, all my recipes are now printer friendly. Just click on the green button below and enjoy them in your kitchen!



7 comments:

  1. love the printer friendly feature!

    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love frittatas, it looks delicious and healthy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i have this cookbook...love it! i'll have to try this:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love eggs but get bored with them. Might just do this for breakfast tomorrow although undoubtedly mine will be much less pretty than yours. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so yummy! we make them for nutritious meals on the go too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by and leaving me your noisy comments! I really appreciate your questions, encouragement, ideas and simple comments. I am sorry if I don't respond to all your comments, but know that I do read them! Please feel free to introduce yourself, subscribe or follow me as I share my life on the noisy blog!